Our naturally sun-dried black mulberries are a delicious and nutritious snack. They are high in vitamin C, iron, calcium, and protein, and an excellent source of dietary fiber.
Black Mulberry (Aahu Barah)
• Diabetes Prevention: Mulberry leaves have long been used in Chinese medicine for the prevention and treatment of diabetes, because, as we now know, they contain chemical compounds that suppress high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia) following a carbohydrate-rich meal.
• Cancer Prevention: Mulberries are a good source of resveratrol, a potent phytonutrient, anti-mutagen, and a strong anti- inflammatory that researchers believe can prevent cancer and aid in the fight of existing cancer.
• Life Extension and Delay Aging Resveratrol: A compound found naturally in mulberries, has shown in several studies to extend the life of an organism, and with the antioxidants lutein, zeaxanthin, ß-carotene and α-carotene protect cells from free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging.
• Blood Tonic and Anemia treatment: In Chinese medicine, mulberries are considered a blood tonic, meaning that they cleanse the blood. With high iron content, they help produce more blood and good for those with anemia.
• Inflammation and Bacterial Infections: Mulberries are an excellent source of vitamin-C, which is a powerful natural antioxidant. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin-C helps body develop resistance against infectious agents and counter inflammation.
• Eye health Zeaxanthin: an important dietary carotenoid selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea where it is thought to provide antioxidant and protective light-filtering functions in the retina of eyes.