Aahu Barah Soft Plums are a smooth, rich, sweet and slightly tangy taste. Our dried plums are naturally sweetened and have no added sugars.
• Osteoporosis Prunes are a good source of boron, which helps prevent osteoporosis. Several studies have demonstrated that prunes, which contain high amounts of polyphenols, can restore bone mass and structure.
• Cancer Prevention Inositol hexaphosphate, a naturally occurring molecule found in high-fiber foods, has been shown to demonstrate cancer prevention properties. Results of a prospective study involving 51,823 postmenopausal women for an average of 8.3 years showed a 34% reduction in breast cancer risk for those consuming the most fruit fiber compared to those consuming the least. Int J Cancer. 2008 Jan 15;122(2):403-12.
• Prevent Heart Disease Eating high fiber foods, such as prunes, helps prevent heart disease. Almost 10,000 American adults participated in a study and were followed for 19 years. People eating the most fiber, 21 grams per day, had 12% less coronary heart disease (CHD) and 11% less cardiovascular disease (CVD) compared to those eating the least, 5 grams daily. (according to a study in the Archives of Internal Medicine)
• Lowers Cholesterol In an 8-week study involving 41 men with mild hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol levels), daily dietary supplementation resulted in significantly lower LDL cholesterol plasma levels.
• Laxative: Prunes are effective laxative due to its soluble fibers and high sorbitol content. The soluble fibers help to normalize blood sugar levels by slowing down the rate at which food leaves the stomach and by delaying the absorption of glucose. This also promotes fullness after a meal and prevents overeating.